You should have your jewelry thoroughly cleaned and inspected at least 2 or 3 times a year by a qualified jeweler. The Gem Gallery is happy to offer this service free of charge, ANYTIME. (Even if your jewelry was purchased from somewhere else!)
Other jewelry care tips:
-Put your jewelry on last when getting ready and take it off first before bed. This habit keeps your jewelry away from things like make-up, hair-spray, perfume, and lotion as you’re applying them.
-You should remove your jewelry when: • Lifting weights at the gym • Rock climbing, mountain biking, gardening, etc. • Soaking in hot tubs/springs
Please note that wear and tear is normal and over time your jewelry will need some maintenance. These are a few of the common repairs / services that are often needed to make sure your jewelry lasts a lifetime.
• A white gold appearing to be yellow - Your ring may need
• The prongs wear down or snag on clothing — may need re-tipping
• The metal shows scratches and abrasions - The piece can
usually be refinished to look new
• The base (shank) of the ring is thin or breaking - It may need to
be re shanked
• Stones are loose or lost - Stones can often be tightened or
replaced as needed
• The ring is too small or big - Rings can usually be resized, let
us take a look